Friday, April 30, 2010

Floppies are obsolete

As I was reading the google news last night, I was disheartened to find out that floppy diskettes are officialy out! Not that I actually own any, or even know anyone with a floppy drive , but still :(

"Prince of Persia" ,"King Quest", even the first encyclopedia I ever owned was on diskettes.

This signals an end of an era; there is a certain bitterness in things you used and enjoyed as a kid becoming obsolete. You feel antiquated yourself. But I guess with the technology nowadays nothing should be taken personal; mobile and cell phones become obsolete within a year.

It is not a world for sentimental technology fools!

2 comments:

Telma said...

I still have diskettes printed with duffy duck and bugs bunny :D of course I don't use for about one decade ;)

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I don't have any of my old disks/diskettes. I moved too many times!